Sunday, July 13, 2014

What's cookin'

I know this isn't really a cooking blog, and I generally don't consider myself much of a cook. However, recently I've baked up a few things I'm proud of, so I thought I'd share.

First up: lasagna. I've made this twice since my husband's back surgery 6 weeks ago, and it feeds us well (and it's so yummy!).


This is made from this recipe from the De Boles website. It's gluten free, since I can't eat wheat (I just have a sensitivity to wheat in particular, not a gluten allergy - wheat does very bad things to my stomach but I can handle lower-gluten grains such as spelt). I love this recipe and have been using it for a long time but hadn't made it for a while. We use our own "Nomato" sauce (sub for tomato sauce - mostly carrots and beets and some spices, good stuff). Again, this is because of my picky stomach, which doesn't do so well with tomato sauce.

Bonus: since I'm on Weight Watchers right now, I appreciate this healthy recipe even more - it's 8 Points Plus per serving, and a serving is enough for dinner in and of itself, no extras needed unless you want to make some more veggies or something. Not bad Points-wise!

Next, I'd like to share the blueberry muffins I made today. I used King Arthur gluten-free muffin mix. Here they are:


Oh my goodness these came out well. Not hard to make at all, either. In case any WW-type people are interested, 5 Points Plus per muffin. I used fresh blueberries courtesy of a certain grocery store that recently had a sale of 6 1-pint boxes for $6.99. Could not pass that up! I made blueberry pancakes yesterday, too!

And finally, some knitting! Here's my latest Croeso pic:


This pattern is great. I am loving the cables. I'm actually a bit farther along than this pic shows; the middle now has 3 cables and I've just started the lace sections in between them. This yarn is creating a stripey effect which I absolutely love.

And that's it for now! Hope you've all had a great weekend!

No comments: