Sunday, April 1, 2007

WIPs (WsIP?)

This weekend's been very low-key, since I've been sick and want to make sure I get enough rest. I spent yesterday at home doing various things (nothing the least bit strenuous!), and today looks like it will be much the same.

Last night, I started working on an oven mitt (got the pattern for free from the Bernat web site). I messed it up a few times, but now it's coming along nicely.

Took a break from that today and decided to start working on a Pilloghan, since the "easy" ripple afghan I'd started earlier wasn't so easy! I ripped up the ripple 'ghan and started the Pilloghan. It took me a few hours just to master the basic granny square in the pattern. D'oh. I've got it now, though. :) (And now that I know what to do, it's really easy!) I'm excited about the Pilloghan--I need more pillows, and I need an afghan, so this works well! And I love the geometric pattern. I'm only doing it in 3 colors--light blue, orangey red, and mustard. (I have a great multicolored rug in my living room, and this will match nicely.)

I'm using Caron One Pound yarn for it, which is proving to be a little annoying. I had never worked with it before, but it was such a good deal that I figured I should use it for this afghan. Well, talk about a yarn with no give. I mean, I was working with cotton yarn all day yesterday for potholders and the oven mitt, and the Caron One Pound seems to be even less stretchy! Weird. I had to switch the Pilloghan pattern from a G hook to an I hook, but now I think it'll be fine.

I was all excited to watch the episode of "Bridezillas" that my DVR recorded for me early this morning...when I turned it on, it was the same ep I'd seen last weekend. :( I am addicted to that show. It makes me feel sane in the midst of my wedding-planning frenzy. If I think about it too much, the show offends my feminist sensibilities--so I try not to think about it and just laugh at the crazy ladies. ;)

No comments: