Wednesday, July 9, 2008

ARGHHHH crochet frustration

When I last left off, I'd had to frog my Sweetie Pie cami and couldn't work on the Farpoint Topper because I was waiting to find out how I could make it fit me right. Well, I must add to that my night of further crochet mishaps:

1) I tried to start a crochet vest (pattern from Lion Brand) with purple Lion Chenille yarn, of which I had only the 2 skeins necessary for the pattern. I started it, but then decided to make a gauge swatch using the other skein, just to check to see if I was on the mark. I'm lucky I did, because I could not find the end of the second skein. No idea what's going on there, but it seems to be un-usable. :( So, no purple chenille vest.

2) I started the Light and Lacy, another one by Doris Chan, from the July/August '08 issue of Crochet Today magazine. I got to the 8th row, where the instructions said "sk in next ch-1 space and hdc." Whoa. Double-take. Does this mean to skip the ch-1 space and hdc? Is it a typo, and am I supposed to sc instead of sk? Is there some other hidden meaning there?

ARGHHHHHHH!

I give up. (It's bedtime, anyway. Maybe it'll all make sense in the morning...or something...) ;)

No comments: