Tuesday, December 30, 2008

CPAD and iGive, and yay for Barnes & Noble

Today, I caved and ordered the CPAD 2009 Calendar. I've had the CPAD Calendars for the past 2 years, and I'm not sure I've used a single pattern from them; I just like to have them. I enjoy the surprise of what the next pattern will be, and I guess in some way I am drawing inspiration from the different projects. And it helps that it was on sale for $7.49 on the web site for Barnes & Noble, where I have a membership (so an extra 10% off for me!). :)

Totally unrelated to crochet: I also ordered the complete Firefly box set from B&N, and yesterday, I bought Coldplay's latest CD at their store. I swear, I am addicted to that place.

In case you are wondering why I chose to order online from B&N and not Amazon, I do most of my online shopping through iGive.com (which I highly, highly recommend) so a percentage of the proceeds will be given to a charity of my choice (in my case, the ALS Association of Greater NY). B&N is currently giving double their usual percentage through iGive, so I think it was something like 3.2% instead of Amazon's 0.8%. Pretty good, eh? I do what I can.

No comments: