Monday, May 14, 2007

I am really, really, really BAD.

I just got an e-mail from a friend on the KUTI list about the Smiley's Yarns Manhattan Sale. Well, I don't get into Manhattan much--parking there is horrendously expensive, and train tickets + subway tickets = ouch as well. Add to that the fact that they don't take credit cards at the sale, and that I hate crowds, and it's pretty easy to guess that I won't be there. ;P

However...I decided to check out the yarn sales on the Smiley's Internet Yarn Sale site, seeing as how I had clicked on over to their main site anyway. OOPS!

$56 worth of yarn later, I'm feeling a little silly. And a little guilty. And I GOT LOADS OF YARN AT ABOUT $1.50/SKEIN (including shipping). So I'd say I'm also feeling a lot of happy. *giggle*

They have Bernat Sox yarn on sale for $1/skein, and it's the only cheap non-wool sock yarn I know of. I'd been searching for it for a while, but now it's even more important seeing as how I've joined up with the Summer of Socks 2007 sock-along. ;D (By the way, you should all join up if you haven't already, so I can see what lovely socks you make! I've never made a pair of socks before. I'm so excited.)

Anyway, I got a whole lot of sock yarn, a bunch of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (I've been wanting to try that out), and enough Red Heart Symphony (a synthetic mohair-like yarn) to try out at least 1 pattern I really like that calls for mohair.

WHEE!

The doctor I'm seeing on Friday had better get me feeling better real soon, so I won't have time to spend quite so much money on yarn. *gulp*

2 comments:

Zu said...

No, no! That's not bad at all! It's perfectly normal, especially with the great choices you made. I probably would have done the same, and probably have. :-) Just don't spend your food and rent money! ;)

(Http://www.Hobbyzu.com)

Anonymous said...

That sounds really wonderful! After I read about the Summer of Socks on your blog I joined. I'm making my first socks, too. Please let everyone know how you like this sock yarn, as that is really inexpensive for sock yarn from what I've seen.

Hope you feel better!